South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy
The South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy (SAASTA) is a unique sporting and educational program that provides Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students with the skills, opportunities and confidence to be successful in the areas of sport, education, employment and healthy living.
SAASTA is delivered across Years 10-12 and gives students a specific pathway to achieve their SACE certificate and potentially gain Certificate II and III accreditation in Sport and Recreation.
Students are required to achieve and maintain a set of standards which are expected across all SAASTA sites across the state. Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement that they will meet and maintain these expectations. Failure to consistently do so may result in removal from the academy.
The SAASTA student expectations include:
- Maintain a 70% attendance rate per school term
- At ALL times adhere to the schools behaviour code
- Actively and respectfully participate in all aspects of SAASTA programs
- Show a high standard of respect and courtesy towards all staff, students and visitors
- Represent SAASTA at school, in my community and at events in a positive manner
- Conduct themselves with a high manner of sportsmanship in all aspects of practice and competition
- Wear the SAASTA uniform with pride and in a manner of respect for the brand.
|Download||File Size||File Type|
|SAASTA Information||437 KB||Adobe PDF|