PASS runs a comprehensive Year 6-7 Transition Program to assist primary school students transition successfully into secondary school. A number of activities are conducted throughout the year and include:
- Information session and welcome BBQ for all new students and their families- this includes a tour around the school grounds, and the new Year 7 building
- Primary school visits conducted by PASS staff and Student Ambassadors
- One onsite tour accompanied by a Science lesson in the secondary school laboratory
- Additional transition lessons for students who have been identified as requiring extra support (allowing students to meet appropriate staff prior to beginning at secondary school)
- Immersive 2-day experience at PASS. Allowing students to get a taste of life as a secondary school student, meet their future classmates and their future teachers. Allowing students to gain an understanding of the daily routines and subjects
- We also offer additional one on one visits at a time of your request with our Youth Support Worker for students who are anxious or concerned about starting secondary school
If you have concerns regarding your child’s transition to secondary school, please arrange a time to speak with the Year 7/8 Assistant Principal at PASS on 08 8647 3300.